Volunteer at Cynon Valley Museum
Following our reopening this July we are looking for up to 4 new volunteers to join our growing volunteer team on Thursdays and Fridays.
Role Title: Front of House Volunteer
Reporting to: Museum Co-ordinator
Term & details: Voluntary role
Hours: Thursday (morning and/or afternoon), Friday (morning and/or after)
*We will consider applications that specify other days, however, these may go onto a waiting list*
The role of the Front of House Volunteer is to support the museum’s front of house activities with oversight by the Museum Assistant and reporting to the Museum Co-ordinator. Front of House Volunteers will work as part of a team of volunteers and Museum Assistant(s) to welcome visitors to the museum, complete operational tasks associated with the opening of the museum to the public and contribute to the smooth and safe running of the museum inline with all current risk assessments, and safety guidance.
What Will You Do?
- Meeting and greeting visitors and ensuring high quality customer service from opening to closing
- Help support the running of the Museum Shop
- Carry out regular patrols of the museum
- Help prepare rooms for use
- Carry out regular cleaning of the museum and ensuring the museum looks well presented to the public
- Ensure visitors are provided with all relevant Covid-19 information ensuring all visitors are signed into NHS Track Trace Protect and/or sign in to the Museums Tracking system
About Cynon Valley Museum
The Museum was saved by the community reopening as a community led museum in 2016. The Cynon Valley Museum Trust is a registered charity (1161227) whose mission is: “to promote the education of the local community and beyond in relation to the local history, cultural heritage and the arts of the Cynon Valley”.
We welcome informal conversations from prospective volunteers. Please contact Rhian Hall (email@example.com) if you would like to discuss the role and the specification ahead of making an application.
Please send your complete the documents below and send them to Rhian Hall, Museum Co-ordinator, via email. Applications will be shared with the museum staff team.
Applications must be aged 18 and over.
Role Description & Specification here: Front of House Volunteer Role Description
Equal Opportunities Form here Volunteering Application Form
Please contact us if you have any accessibility requirements to make your application.