Volunteer at Cynon Valley Museum!
Formed in 2016, Cynon Valley Museum Trust is a registered charity (1161227), located in Aberdare. We aim to provide an accessible, interactive and sustainable space to share the Heritage, Arts and Culture of the Cynon valley.
As a community-led organisation, we’re at the heart of local life and enjoy welcoming people from both near and far. We are now seeking volunteers to join our team and help with the day-to-day operation of the museum.
We currently require dedicated, flexible and outgoing volunteers to help within our café. As part of our friendly Front-of-House team, this role is vital to ensuring we deliver an excellent experience to all visitors.
Duties may include:
- Serving hot / cold drinks and pre-packaged snacks to visitors.
- Cash handling / taking payments.
- Washing-up and general housekeeping.
- Assisting with room set-up for special events.
What Can We Offer?
Although you’ll be responsible for performing an important job, we aim to make your time here as enjoyable as possible and can provide:
- Work experience to help gain the skills employers seek and build your CV.
- Social interaction to help improve wellbeing and self-confidence by being part of a team.
- The chance to share your existing skills with others.
- Additional training opportunities.
Unsure about joining us? For an informal chat about the role prior to applying, please call us on 01685 886729 or email:
Download an application form here:volunteer-application-form-2023