Cynon Valley Museum Trust (CVMT) are inviting individuals or organisations to tender for a contract to deliver a 5 year Business Plan that supports our future trajectory from 2021 – 2027. The role requires the individual or organisation to work collaboratively with the Museum team, which includes:
- Board of Trustees
- Other stakeholders
Business Plan Requirement
CVMT are seeking an experienced individual or organisation to develop a Business Plan that will contain (as a minimum):
- Local attitudes to returning to cultural and heritage organisations, with a particular reference to the Cynon Valley.
- Consult with existing and new target audiences about their wishes and needs for engagement with Cynon Valley Museum.
- Review both in-person and digital audiences, capturing the potential future levels of engagement and income generating opportunities.
- Consider and review the extent to which CVMT offer our current services i.e., shop, gallery, museum, café and events, and a way forward, to support our long-term sustainability.
- Facilitate workshops and meetings with the Board, Staff Team and Volunteers to feed into the development of the business plan.
- Create in agreement with the Trust an appropriately structured and realistic business plan running from 2022 to 2027.
- One hard copy of the full report, an electronic copy (in .pdf and.word format), including an Executive Summary.
- A presentation to Board of Trustees and staff team.
About Cynon Valley Museum
Cynon Valley Museum is a dynamic, welcoming Museum, on the site of the historic Gadlys Ironworks The Cynon Valley Museum, situated in Aberdare, as a museum holds the story of the Cynon Valley’s past and as a contemporary gallery and centre of the community the story of the Cynon’s present and future.
As a museum, we are ideally situated to share the history of the Cynon Valley supporting events, exhibitions, festivals and workshops. With a permanent exhibition, a shop, two galleries, a café and various room hire options, the Museum is well placed to offer local community groups, charities and businesses a unique visitor experience.
Cynon Valley Museum Trust is a registered charity with a board of trustees currently formed of 6 trustees who are responsible for CVMT’s successful operation, including sustainability, development, compliance and strategic decision making. The Museum is managed by a small team of staff that have responsibilities across strategy, management, venue coordination, fundraising, finance, outreach and front-of-house. CVMT has a successful volunteer program, who commit to more than 120 hours per week (pre-pandemic).
The total budget for this contract, to cover day rate, resources, translation costs etc., is £5,000 including VAT.
How to Apply
Send an e-mail to email@example.com confirming that you wish to apply, with your e-mail included and titled Business Plan Tender Proposal.
Please submit your proposal ensuring that the following items are included:
- Evidence of a minimum of two years previous experience and/or skills to deliver the contract.
- Names and CVs of individuals within your organisation who will be undertaking the work.
- Two examples of business plan work delivered. We would be particularly keen on case studies that outline experience of developing business plans for similar heritage and/or arts organisations.
- A clear methodology for delivering the business plan highlighting what experience you have in the relevant areas.
- A breakdown of how you would allocate the budget.
- A project timeline, for completion by Friday 30th October
- Evidence of Insurances.
The Application Deadline is at midnight on Tuesday 24th August
CVMT reserves the right not to accept any quote.